Our Institute has SNA unit consists of office bearers elected by student community. Activities are organized and conducted by office bearers under the guidness of SNA advice and the principal.
Every student becomes member of SNA KIN after admission to nursing course. SNA is a nation wide organization established in 1929. Students actively participate at college SNA, state SNA and central SNA unit. SNA activities are grouped as follows.
- Nurses day
- World Health day
- World AIDS day
- World Population day
- Breast feeding week
- Work shops
- Lamp lighting ceremony
- All national festivals are celebrated
- Christmas day
- Ganesha Pooja
- Onam festival
- Ayudha Pooja
- Annual Cultural day
- Freshers day
- Farewell for out going students
- 1. Annual Sports day
- Our Students do participate in sports conducted by state SNA and
RGUHS Sports meet. We are proud to mention that Ms. Sanusha has own gold medals at inter health university sports meet held by RGUHS. Our Management Vokkaligara Sangha is encouraging the students those who are good at sports by paying Rs. 500/- per month as an incentive.
"We work for a cause and not for applause and we live to express and not to impress".
The Co-Curricular profile is a self reported document, which lists and describes our Co-Curricular activity, often referred as Extra Curricular activity.
Purpose of Co-Curricular Activities:
- To help students develop personal contacts, with professional staff from student affairs and facility across campus who would be of assistance to them in choosing areas of involvement which will meet personal and career goals etc.
- To Motivate the Students.
- To Develop the Leadership qualities.
- To encourage in Professional and Educational Development.
- To develop the attitude of "we feeling".
- To provide community health services.
In our institution C0-Curricular activities are planned and conducted under five categories.
Recreation and Athletics:
Ganesha Festival, Onam, Sarasvathi Pooja, Kannada Rajyothsava, Christmas,Cultural festival, Farewell Party/ send off party are celebrated by the SNA with Devotion and Dedication under the support of management.
- Sports are conducted at both indoor and outdoor.
- Students are encouraged to participate at prestigious inter-collegiate competition/games.
- Awards are given for the same.
- We actively participate in any epidemic out breaks like chikungunya fever, disaster management, where faculty and students are actively involved in identification of problem, treatment and control of disease.
- Students are encouraged to participate in many camps organized by M.S.R.M.T.H.
Important days of celebrations.
||New Year Celebration
||International womens day
||World Health day
||International Nurses day
||World No Tobacco day
||World Environment day
||World Population day
||World Breast Feeding week
||Alzheimers Disease day.
||International Senior citizen day
||World Mental Health Day
||National Epilepsy day
||World AIDS day
||International day for Physically Challenge day
Performance and presentation:
As per the needs of the society, students are motivated to prepare:
- Information guide sheet
- Flip charts
- Video material, exhibitions.
As per the calendar of events we also plan seminar, group education, and synopsis, panel discussions and students are encouraged to plan and implement these programmes.